Hi my names Michael Robinson
I designed this blog site to be a record of my personal pursuit to evolve the way I exercise, eat and generally get fit.
Im a young doctor(28 actually) working in the West Midlands, UK as an anatomy demonstrator at the University of Birmingham. I completed P90X in 2010 with amazing results but over the least 3 years have gotten out of shape from generally eating badly and neglecting my old exercise regime.
As a kid I was always overweight, which didnt really bother me until I got to around 14 years old. Since then I have been looking at ways to lose weight ands trust me Ive tried everything over the years…..atkins (works well, but difficult to maintain, especially as a working parent)….CABBAGE SOUP DIET (amazing works well but mostly water weight lost and packs back on within days of normal eating).
At the age of 20 I reached my peak weight of 308lbs, 22 stone, my knees hurt when I walked upstairs. I was super insecure and unhappy. I decided that I had to change things. I had just finished up my second year at medical school and had a long summer break 3 months in fact. Over those 3.5 months I adopted the Atkins diet (for those that don’t know that’s 20g of carbs per day, pretty much unlimited fat and protein) and exercised to Billy Blanks tae bo twice a day. By the time I went back to uni I was 3.5 months late I was 15 stone. Through the usual college/university life (…..what another shot….ok) the weight crept back on, luckily only to about 17 stone.
In October 2008 I discovered P90X, hands down the best fitness program I have ever done personally.
I wanted to incorporate some of my medical, exercise and dieting knowledge to produce a real blog for fitness enthusiasts who are serious about getting healthy. I will use science
I have dabbled in all of the new extreme fitness regimes (insanity, Asylum, Asylum 2, P90X2, P90X one-on-one, Tapout XT whew what a list lol). I love these new regimes firstly all have their merit.
I want to try something innovative though so Ive set myself this challenge.
- Revolutionise my nutrition (based on science BMR, required cals protein,carb, fat ratio etc)
- Revolutionise exercise (new hybrid workout incorporating the best exercises from every workout Ive come across so fat…mostly the beachbody stuff. The key words being synergy and constant muscle confusion
- Detailed review of weight, measurements and progress with exercises
- Video and pictures detailing the journey (no fake shit here….results are what they are)
- I am going to post as much information and detail as I can so that any of you out there can be inspired to start your own journey.
Come join me, be inspired